Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, with open curiosity, to the unfolding of the present moment. When we practice observing ourselves (reconnecting mind with body), moment to moment, we soften our habitual reactivity & develop the ability to respond to any situation with more clarity & freedom of choice.
Learn to relax.
Relaxation is the skill of integrating & harmonizing body, mind, & heart to facilitate the “Relaxation Response” (Rest-Digest-and-Repair), which is the opposite of our usual mode, the “Stress Response” (Fight-Flight-or-Freeze). When your body & heart-mind are relaxed, there is space for natural flow & healing.
Practicing mindfulness & relaxation can help you:
- Harmonize your heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, nervous system, & digestion
- Regulate inflammation & immune response
- Navigate illness, chronic pain, PTSD, anxiety, depression, & stress
- Suppress your genetic predisposition to illness & disease (epigenetics)
- Slow the breakdown of telomeres (which protect your chromosomes) to slow aging
- Increase neuroplasticity, creating new brain connections & improved cognitive function
- Build skillful stress navigation, inner awareness, & resilience
- Increase your capacity for joy & well-being